4/23/2007

In the beginning… pt.I

A couple of weeks ago I was back at my parents’ for a few days, just kicking around with not much to do- vacations and all that- and there’s this old toothbrush, actually a travel toothbrush (one of those that fold over themselves so that the brush is stored inside the box-like handle) and I’ve always thought of it to be F****’s and the idea was to have something of F****’s close just so as I’d remember her by- nearly four & a half years together and almost no pictures- but then I recalled that the toothbrush was not F****’s, not actually, but in fact mine from that trip to the beach at G****’s dad’s place during New Year’s Eve, 1999.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

I first met F**** in late 1999, a few weeks after my ultimatum to this guy B**** (who was close to a brother back then) so that he’d finally get his girlfriend to introduce me to some of her only-alleged-until-that-point hot female friends from College, and 1999 was also the year I thought I was mostly in love with this other girl G**** (who happened to be my best friend) only not really, because G**** sort of wasted that year away getting acquainted with gay boys she took for straight while trying to get into College herself, and I started skipping classes to go to shabby arcades downtown instead, in a stone-drunk quest to find that last, lost double-screen X-Men vid*o-game at ten o’clock in the mornings while quoting from Beatnik poetry to people who did not want to listen.

I was 19 years old.



(TO BE CONTINUED…)