3/13/2007

More disturbing things to tell other people

Whenever I have to create a new temporary file for data storage at the office I name it after a famous monster either from comics or the movies.
A few examples:

bride_of_frankenstein.txt
son_of_dracula.doc
marshland_monster.xls
creature_from_blacklagoon.zip
swamp_thing.txt
us_werewolf_london.xls

Of course it often causes some very weird dialogue between me and the management.

Mngt: “I was going through the week 06 reports and I have a few questions.”
Me: “Okay.”
Mngt: “What is a Bride of Frankenstein?”
Me: “I think it’s a Boris Karloff movie.”
Mngt: “A movie?”
Me: “Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s a movie with Boris Karloff in it.”
Mngt: “Why do you have movie stuff in your week 06 report folder?”
Me: “But I don’t keep any movies in there.”
Mngt: “What is a Bride of Frankenstein, then?”
Me: “I think it’s a Boris Karloff movie.”


It really upsets me that I’m the only on who sees the inherent logic to this procedure, but then it probably explains the nightmares I’ve been having…
(TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW)