10/20/2008

Q: Why did the Cylon cross the road? A: "By your command," of course!

I.
This is probably the very best I could come up with, so sorry, but with pretty much most of the South Cone countries in Latin America kicking off their respective DSTs and 17 new employees coming over for onboarding last Wednesday, the last couple of weeks have been particularly crazy.

That of course never exempted me from the sudden epiphany that was, I´ve been blogging for what? Three years now? And not once Battlestar Galactica´s been referred to. Let´s see: I´ve done Darth Vader, I´ve done the Spear of Destiny and god knows I´ve done Batman. But how that fertile, fertile ground for so much bantering and jesting has gone with its potential untapped so far, it´s a mystery to me.
Son of a daggit...!


II.
From this you´ll correctly surmise two things:
First, that the re-runs have started once again, and second, that seeing those old Stormtrooper-wannabes shimmering in all their late-1970s chromed glory, trudging about their spinning plastic model-like Basestars, still gives me a kick even after all those years.

Point is, as lame as Cylons might´ve seemed to you even back then, they´ll always be a force to be reckoned with nonetheless:
I mean, they´ve outfought both 20th Century Fox and Dirk Bennedict if you really think about it, and today you turn on the TV and wham!, holy estrogen, Batman!, Starbuck is a freaking girl!
That´s the Faceman for chrissakes, c´mon! The Faceman beds girls before and after borrowing their farm implements for BA to convert them into makeshift battle tanks in order to free innocent villagers from oppression and tiranny from the local law-gone corrupt!


If that´s not proof of the Cylon Empire´s blatant superiority over the 12 Colonies, then hey, what is?